High Net-Worth Family Consulting
We serve many families that have accumulated significant wealth through their career, the sale of a family business, inheritance or otherwise. Our service delivery philosophy in these engagements is to partner with the other professionals typically involved in such situations, including the investment advisor, estate planning attorney, family office professionals, family boards, etc. The skills of our professionals dedicated to this portion of our practice are concentrated on delivery of income and estate tax services in the following areas:
- Individual income tax planning and tax compliance
- Fiduciary income tax planning and tax compliance
- Charitable tax planning and tax compliance, including use of charitable remainder trusts
- Family limited partnerships
- State tax minimization in residency matters
- Life insurance analysis, including viatical settlements and annuity structures
- Retirement plan design and benefit distributions
- Review of hedge fund, private equity and venture capital investments
- Private foundations
- Multigenerational wealth transfer strategies
- Family board design
- Design of plan to maximize benefits of ESOP deferral for highly appreciated closely-held stock.
- Use of Family Limited Partnership as vehicle to maintain family cohesion and improve access to investment alternatives.
- After-tax investment performance analysis of various private equity and hedge fund investments.
- Effective use of C corporation as a way to maximize the tax benefits resulting from the deduction of investment advisory fees.
- Assistance in connection with income and estate tax issues associated with design of postnuptial agreement.
Return to Our Services
To learn more about how this service could benefit you, email us at email@example.com